Sunday, September 17, 2017

The thing........narrative

my successes criteria was to use descriptive sentences and paragraphs and interesting vocab to hook the reader in and make them feel like there in the story. an example of this is.. Beep beep beep. “Whoa what the what!” i jumped up frantically shouting. But i was relieved to find out that it was only my watch. “But wait” I thought aloud. “I don't have an alarm set for this time”. And that's when i realized that it was there. The terrifying THING. And just when i was about to dramatically faint. The fridge opened and i heard it the low deep rattling breaths it took and although i thought that i should have been scared i wasn't afraid of this sound. And for just a moment all of the fright disappeared and i thought. That the breathing sounded very familiar. But i had no time to think i had to react if i was to conquer my fears. And as I thought this my body jerked to life and silently slipped out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment